As my library break time commenced last night I hopped onto WordPress to have a bit of a read. Surrounded by the noise of student angst – ‘I’m going to stay here until 1000 words’ – ‘I have plenty of words I just have to edit them’ – ‘It’s an all nighter for me’ – I found an unexpected delight waiting for me in the comments.
Ladies and gentleman and those who are neither – I have been nominated for both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the lovely Fourth Generation Farm Girl! To say I was surprised is a wee bit of an understatement; I am a very, ahem, sporadic blogger (ie. don’t look at the dates of any of my posts) and this is probably my third, maybe fourth, blog. Nevertheless I will step up to the plate and accept my first ever blog awards.
1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs.
5. Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven Facts About Me:
1) About 30 % of my brain power is at all times thinking about food.
2) I’ve never been to a ‘big’ gig ie. a gig from a band with more than about 50 people in attendance.
3) I have a love/hate relationship with my dreadlocks.
4) My first ever CD was Toxic by Britney Spears.
5) I utterly adore liquorice.
6) This is the first house I’ve lived in with a TV.
7) I love reading letters and diaries (published ones, I don’t just randomly sneak about opening people’s post!)
I would like to nominate the following blogs for these awards (I somewhat doubt I will make it to 15 but we shall see for how long I will persevere.):
I think eight is as good a number as any to stop! I realise that some people don’t participate in blog awards/are big fish in the blogging pool/are probably wondering who the heck I am but I thought I would share a few of my favourite blogs regardless (+ check out my nominator Fourth Generation Farm Girl too)
Thanks again for my awards,